March 20 - 24
8th Annual Fundamentals of MSK Ultrasound
Concurrent Introductory and Intermediate Tracks
Hands-on Diagnostic and Interventional Workshops
Didactic Lectures with Live Scanning Demonstrations
Limited Registration: sign up early!
This five-day course will provide dedicated instruction in musculoskeletal ultrasound of the extremities and will include the unique feature of supervised hands-on workshops with live models. An additional interventional workshop will allow the participant to practice needle placement under ultrasound guidance. The course will consist of concurrent introductory and intermediate tracks. Full-course registration in the introductory track will consist of lectures and hands-on workshops that review ultrasound scanning protocols and essential pathology, while the intermediate track will consist of focused and advanced lecture topics and hands-on workshop topics specified by the participants. Alternatively, lecture only registration includes hours of comprehensive lectures from both tracks covering scanning techniques, live demonstration, as well as advanced topics. This course will be of interest to radiologists, physicians in the fields related to musculoskeletal system, and sonography technologists. Those without musculoskeletal experience, as well as those wanting to refine skills are both welcome. This course provides a comprehensive overview of musculoskeletal ultrasound with ample opportunity to discuss advanced applications during the workshops.
Introductory Track: Suggested for registrants who are developing scanning techniques and joint scanning protocols
Intermediate Track: Suggested for registrants who have attended prior musculoskeletal ultrasound courses, who are able to demonstrate normal anatomy, and who are comfortable with common pathology (i.e. those who have scanned > 100 patients)
This course will be of interest to radiologists, physicians in the fields related to the musculoskeletal system, and sonography technologists. Those without musculoskeletal experience, as well as those wanting to refine skills are both welcome
Through didactic presentations and hands-on workshops, the participants will be able to:
- Become familiar with the anatomy of the extremities
- List the basic components of extremity ultrasound technique
- Scan a subject using ultrasound and recognize major anatomical structures
- Recognize common pathology of the musculoskeletal system as seen at ultrasound
- Become familiar with ultrasound-guided interventional technique
Highlights of the program include:
- Concurrent Introductory and Intermediate Tracks
- Course syllabus included
- Hours of didactic lectures and daily hands-on workshops
- Limited registration to ensure ample hands-on experience and close supervision
- Additional independent scanning open to participants each afternoon (Wednesday – Saturday, no models or faculty)
- Saturday afternoon optional workshop for review and to address specific questions / applications with faculty
- Opportunity to use and compare several ultrasound machines from various companies
- Afternoons free for independent study, relaxation, or recreation
- Continental breakfast included each morning
- Wednesday evening reception with dinner included
Other notes to be included:
- Each participant will be assigned to a workshop group, limited to 5 people / group. Please see the Program Registration page for details.
- Optional independent scanning (no faculty or models) will be available Wednesday – Saturday for selected times.
- Hands-on Interventional Workshops will involve needles, raw turkey breasts, and pig feet.
The International Institute for Continuing Medical Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The International Institue for Continuing Medical Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 19.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.